Vortex Wood Fired Arches
This is the most aggressive wood-fired arch in the maple industry, offering you the flexibility to boil at the highest rates available. Or tone it down a bit and be ultra-fuel efficient, the choice is yours. Nothing on the market can match the combination of intensity and even distribution of heat that the Vortex arch offers. The Vortex will burn clean, and is easy to fire, whether from raw sap or high concentrate.
The Vortex comes insulated with multiple layers of 2600º ceramic blanket and requires easy installation of our new cast refractory panels in the combustion chamber and under the smoke stack.
A massive combustion chamber is fueled by primary and secondary air under controlled rotation, which optimizes the burn of your wood, and distributes the BTUs evenly and efficiently to the evaporator pans. The unique step in the back of the arch is a spark trap as well as a draft control.
- Highest wood fire boiling rate
- 45% more efficient than a natural draft arch
- Triple-lined insulation for maximum heat retention
- Minimal brick for rapid heating and cooling cycles
- Double-wall construction & ribbed stainless steel outer wall
- Durable 14-gauge airtight door
- Dual fans + air-cone-controlled induction system
- Stainless steel stack
- Side access panels
- Tough trucker style two-hinge door
- Rheostat low pressure fan control
- Forced draft grates included